Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When a health care provider makes a mistake that causes injury or death to someone, it is commonly known as medical malpractice. The term “malpractice” is nothing more than simple negligence. The law does not require you to prove anything more than that.
Indiana law requires that a health care provider use the same level of care, skill and treatment as a reasonably prudent, skillful and careful health care provider under the same or similar circumstances.
Some types of medical malpractice cases may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Surgical errors
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose accurately
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication errors
- Improper treatment
- Failure to obtain proper legal consent for a medical procedure
- Failure to inform the patient of the risks of certain procedures
- Birth injuries, shoulder dystocia, cerebral palsy
- Delay in diagnosing or treating cancer, heart attacks or strokes
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
Our attorneys at Hilbrich Law Firm can help you obtain compensation for bodily injury, pain and suffering, medical expenses, life care expenses, loss of income and funeral expenses. They have handled hundreds of medical malpractice verdicts and settlements and will fight to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.