Let Us Help You Get Your Life Back On Track
Michael D. Dobosz
History and Achievements
Mr. Dobosz was born in East Chicago, Indiana on September 24th 1963, graduating from Griffith High School in 1982, before moving on to study at East Tennessee State University, where he majored in psychology, and minored in political science and criminal justice. He started his academic career as a high-flyer, graduating summa cum laude in 1986, with the highest GPA in his graduating class, while acting as a member of Phi Kappa Phi.
His legal career began in 1989 when he was awarded his Juris Doctor from Indiana University School of Law, and he joined the Indiana Bar in the same year. He is now admitted to practice in the United States Federal District Court and the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Areas of Law
Mr. Dobosz is dedicated to representing and counseling clients. He focuses primarily on personal injury cases, including those involving wrongful death, medical malpractice, automobile accidents, construction accidents, premises liability, and injuries arising from defective products.
He also has extensive experience in handling cases arising from worksite accidents, covering negligence of site managers and employers, as well as OSHA compliance issues, construction contracts, foreclosures, professional negligence, collections, and non-competition agreements.
In addition to personal injury cases, Mr. Dobosz is also highly skilled in all areas of estate planning, including issues with probate and elder law, real estate law, and corporate law. He has worked with countless clients to advise on managing trusts and wills, dividing assets, naming executors and beneficiaries, avoiding probate, and post-mortem estate planning. Litigation is also a strength, and Mr. Dobosz has represented clients in will and deed contests, will constructions, executor replacement, and decedent claims.
In the past, Mr. Dobosz has represented plaintiffs against state and county governments, as well as doctors, nurses, hospitals and medical institutions, and insurance companies in both state and federal courts.
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- Juris Doctor - 1989
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee
- B.S. - 1986
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Graduated with the highest GPA in his Graduating Class
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi, Member
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Political science and Criminal Justice
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association - Probate and Trust, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association - Probate, and Estate Planning and Elder Law sections, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- General Litigation
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law
- Indiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Federal Courts
Current Employment Position