Meet Daniel B. Vinovich
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- History and Achievements
History and Achievements
A native of Newport, Rhode Island, Mr. Vinovich was born July 23rd, 1965, and grew up in Northwest Indiana. He studied at Purdue University, graduating with a double major in Political Science and History in 1987, before receiving a law degree in 1990 from Indiana University. He was then admitted to the bar of the State of Indiana and the US District Court, Northern District of Indiana.
Mr. Vinovich is a highly regarded lawyer, whose lengthy list of achievements include:
- A fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Holder of an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell – the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards
- Seven-time winner of the Indiana Super Lawyer in plaintiffs medical malpractice
- President of the Indiana State Bar Association in 2012-2013
- Chairman of the Indiana State Bar Association House of Delegates in 2008-2009
- Served four terms on the Indiana State Bar Association Board of Governors
- Three time member of the Indiana State Bar Executive Committee
- Chair of several Indiana State Bar Association committees, including the Board and House Nominating Committees, Budget and Finance Committee, Member and Membership Benefits Committee, Succession Planning Committee and Leadership Development Academy
- Served as a judge and coach for the “We The People” program
- Delegate to American Bar Association House of Delegates from 2011-2013, 2017-2020
- President of the Lake County Bar Association in 2000
- Board of Director for the Lake County Bar Association for twelve years
- Served as Chairman of the Lake County Bar Association Continuing Legal Committee, Program and Social Committee, and Young Lawyers Section
- Group leader for the Boy Scouts Explorers Program in Lake County
- Indiana Bar Foundation Life Patron Fellow
- Served as Board of Director for the Indiana Bar Foundation
- Sustaining Member and Board of Director of Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Served as secretary with the Calumet American Inns of Court, and now serves as an emeritus member
- Served on the Indiana Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commissions from 2017-2020
Areas of Law
An experienced trial lawyer, Mr. Vinovich represents injured clients in cases of wrongful death, personal injury, and medical malpractice.
Mr. Vinovich has a wealth of experience in handling thousands of injury claims, complex litigation and has achieved multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for previous clients.
Publications and Speaking
Mr. Vinovich is a frequent lecturer and moderator at law related conferences and leadership seminars for lawyers and judges, helping to inform and educate fellow legal professionals on current, relevant, and ethical standards of practice.