Personal Injury Lawyer Aggressively Fighting for the Injured In Crown Point
Suffering a personal injury can have dramatic, life-changing consequences, and may have severe long-term implications such as being unable to work, a reduced quality of life, or the suffering of life-long trauma. Whether you are involved in an auto or motorcycle accident or are the victim of negligence, medical malpractice, or a spinal injury, each and every personal injury has the potential to leave a horrific mark on the victim, and it is important that you are able to receive the justice you deserve.
What Are The Types Of Personal Injury?
The term “personal injury” covers a range of categories. Some of the most common examples include:
- Car Accidents: These are one of the most common causes of personal injuries and are most commonly caused by the negligence of a motorist not paying attention.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites are dangerous places with a high risk factor. If a construction company fails to take adequate precautions to ensure the safety of workers, the construction worker may suffer injuries. They may then be able to pursue damages from the employer or a third party, if the latter are found to be liable.
- Motorcycle Accidents: If a vehicle collides with a motorcycle, devastating injuries can occur; motorcyclists do not always maintain the same protection as a more protected car. If the motorcycle rider suffers injuries due to the negligence of the driver, they may be able to pursue damages.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents can take place when a semi-truck is involved in a collision with a vehicle, resulting in injuries to the car driver or passenger. The trucking company can be found to be at fault if it can be proven that they have neglected their duties and responsibilities to the driver.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death case occurs when the negligence of a third party results in the death of another person. In these circumstances, the family of the deceased will be able to pursue a wrongful death case, helping to seek justice and receive financial compensation.
- Premises Liability: Premises liability occurs when someone is wrongfully injured on the property of another as the result of negligence. Both residential and commercial properties can be included in these cases.
- Product Liability: If you are injured by a defective product, or as a result of negligence by the manufacturers, you may be able to pursue damages.
- Slip And Fall: Slips, trips, and falls are common causes of injuries, and have their own complications and challenges. If you can prove that the injury was the result of negligence by another, you may be able to find them liable and recover damages.
What Is Negligence?
A major aspect of most personal injury cases surrounds the concept of negligence. If you are able to prove that another person or entity was negligent, you may be able to find them liable and pursue them for damages. Indiana law defines negligence as being “an act or omission that is negligent, willful, wanton, reckless, or intentional toward the person or property of others.”
What Can I Claim?
There are a wide range of damages which can be claimed in personal injury cases. These include:
- Physical injuries, disability, and impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Any emergency medical expenses incurred at the time of the injury
- On-going medical care, including treatment costs and hospital bills
- Costs for physical therapy
- Loss of income incurred as a result of your injury, both at the time of the incident, and in the future
- Any in-home nursing care
- Any property damage which occurred as the result of an accident
- Hiring extra help, e.g. to perform household chores if you can no longer carry them out yourself
- Carrying out modifications to your home
- Mental anguish and trauma
How Do I Bring About A Case?
If you intend to pursue a personal injury case, the statute of limitations in Indiana states that there is a time limit of two years from the date the incident occurred in which to file a lawsuit. Minors have until they turn 20 years old. If the claim is against a governmental entity or school, additional filings and earlier deadlines apply.
Proving negligence can be a tricky business, and so it is important that you have the correct advice. Here at Hilbrich Law Firm, we have spent many years working with the victims of personal injuries across the Crown Point area.
You can come into our office located in Crown Point, where our firm aims to serve the residents of Indiana by providing knowledgeable service as conveniently as possible.
Our firm’s East Summit Street office is located in the region of Crown Point, Indiana. We are only 3 miles from Prairie View Park, and we are just 15 minutes from the stunning Lemon Lake County Park, a 403-acre area of woodlands and scenic hills. At our Crown Point home, we aim to serve the residents of Indiana by providing knowledgeable service as conveniently as possible. We are just about 10 miles from Griffith-Merrillville Airport (05C) and easily accessible. In Crown Point, we pride ourselves on building a stronger community. We are your neighbors, and we will treat you with hometown compassion.
Our dedicated team has the skills you need to gain a full understanding of your case and make an informed decision as to your next steps. We can help you determine whether a third party is liable, we can make an effort to prove that negligence occurred, and we can help work to ensure you receive the damages you are entitled to. Get in touch today at (219)-662-1133 for a consultation, and let us help you take those first steps towards the justice that you deserve.