Indiana and Illinois Personal Injury / Medical Malpractice Lawyers Estates, Wills, and Probate Counselors

Indiana & Illinois Personal Injury/ Medical Malpractice
Estates, Wills, Trusts, & Probate

Highland 219-924-2427       Portage 219-762-2224       Crown Point 219-662-1133        Toll Free 877-877-LAW2 (5292)
Hilbrich Cunningham Dobosz Vinovich & Sandoval, LLP

Free Consultation
Personal Injury

Vehicle Accidents | Wrongful Death | Medical Malpractice | Slips and Falls | Brain Injuries | Construction Accidents | Products Liability | Spinal Cord Injuries | Worker's Compensation | Dog Bites and Animal Attacks | Other Types

Personal Injury: Worker's Compensation

Worker's compensation is a "no fault" law which provides insurance to cover medical care and compensation for employees who are injured in the course and scope of employment, and in exchange the release of the employee's right to sue his or her employer for negligence.

Getting hurt at work can have significant consequences to people and their families.  The realities of worker's compensation laws are often complex and unknown.  Any employee is at risk for injury.  Workplace injuries can often trigger significant personal and financial hardships.  Therefore, knowing what to do immediately after an accident is of the utmost importance.  The first 48 hours following an accident are the most important.  What you do during that time can make or break your worker's compensation case.

Typically, Indiana worker's compensation law entitles an injured worker to all related medical expenses, two-thirds of the average weekly wage while the worker is off work as a result of the disability (the first 7 days you are not entitled to compensation unless you are off work for 3 weeks or more).  In addition, if you have a permanent impairment as a result of your work injury, then you would be entitled to an award based upon a permanent partial impairment rating which is provided by a physician.  If you are unable to return to any type of gainful employment as a result of your work injury, you may be entitled to permanent total disability benefits.  General damages for pain and suffering are generally not available in Indiana under worker's compensation law.  Contact Hilbrich Law Firm immediately if you have been injured at work.  We can help answer specific questions about what you are entitled to and when.

Call us at 1-877-877-LAW2 (5292) or send us an email at

COPYRIGHT AND REPRODUCTION NOTICE: Reproduction in part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only and may not be copied and shared with others. The permission to recopy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of any of the materials contained herein or any part thereof in any work or publication whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other format.

Tollfree 877•877•LAW2 (5292)
Fax 219•924•2481

Highland Office
2637 - 45th Street
Highland, IN 46322

Portage Office
6195 Central Avenue
Portage, IN 46368

Crown Point Office
1857 East Summit Street
Crown Point, IN 46307

Website Design, Hosted and Maintained by Datamine Internet Marketing Solutions